West Bradford FC Men’s Senior Soccer Rules and Regulations
download as PDF
- This is a recreational league. Emotional and physical control and good
sportsmanship are expected. All players participating in the West Bradford FC
leagues agree to follow the league rules and decisions as set down by the
Commissioner and Team Captains Committee.
- Only registered players can participate. All players must be forty (40)
years old or be turning forty (40) during the season. Players must produce
photo-id and proof of age before being allowed to play. Any team using an
ineligible player will have all games played by that player declared 3-0
losses. Every player is required to sign the league registration and waiver
before the start of the season. Players being registered after the start of
the season only play with the approval of the Commissioner. The Rosters and
copies of the Registration/ waiver paperwork must be filed with the
Commissioner within two weeks of the star of the season. Team fees will be
set by the Commissioner and all team fees must be submitted to the Treasurer
within four (4) weeks of the start of the season. Teams that have not paid
fees by the fourth week will have one (1) point deducted for every week that
fees remain unpaid. All players are entitled to a minimum average of a half
game playing time during the season. Players can only play for one (1) team
during a season. Players must play a minimum of three (3) regular season
games to be eligible to participate in the play-offs.
- Teams will provide a minimum of one individual to participate in field work
sessions as scheduled. Each Team is responsible for lining the field once during
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed at the field or in the parking lot.
Violations could results in the league losing the use of the WBYA fields.
- Every effort will be made to advise Captains by email of game cancellations
at least .one hour before the kick-off time. Captains must advise their teams
accordingly. Cancellations will also be posted on the web-site as soon as
possible. In the event of cancellation of one day in a weekend but games are
played on the second day of the weekend then the canceled games will if possible
be played at the end of the season. The games of the whole weekend will not
count for standings until and unless the canceled games are made up.
- Games will be held at 2.pm and 3.30 pm on Saturdays and at 12.30pm, 2.00pm
and 3.30pm on Sundays, or at such other times as may be advised by the
Commissioner. Game times will commence at the scheduled times, even if the teams
are not ready.
- Games will be played with eleven (11). A team must have at least seven (7)
players to begin and continue a game. If a team cannot field seven (7) players
then that team will forfeit the game 3-0. In such event that team may borrow
players from the opposition to play a “friendly” game.
- There is no limit to the number of substitutes. Substitutes are “on the fly”
.The incoming player must enter the field at the half-way line and cannot touch
the ball until the exiting player has left the field. The exiting player may
leave the field at any part of the field.
- The Home team is listed first in the schedules and will supply the game
ball. Players must wear their team shirts and should not wear shorts and socks
of the same colors as the opposition and should also wear the same number jersey
- Captains should report game results to
firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and not later than 10.00 am on the
Monday following the weekend’s games. Captains must also report any red or
yellow cards indicating the player name and number.
- League standings will be based on the following: Winner = 3 points; Tie = 1
point; Loss = 0 points. Forfeits will be scored 3-0. If required, standings will
also be based on goal difference and head to head results. No matter what the
score in a game, goal difference will be maximum of three (3) goals per game.
For seasons with playoffs, games ending in a tie will be decided by two 5 minute
sudden death overtime periods (Golden Goal). If game is still tied after that
overtime, then FIFA kicks from the mark will be used to decide the winner.
- Teams that are no-shows for play-off games will be penalized through points
deductions, as agreed by the Captains Committee, applicable in the season
following such play-offs.
- Games will be played in accordance with FIFA laws (except as detailed
herein).. The Referees’ decision is final.
- Each half is forty (40) minutes with a five (5) minute half time.
- Sliding tackles are prohibited (except for safe sliding tackles by goal
keepers in their penalty area). The restart for a no-foul sliding tackle will be
an indirect free-kick. The restart for a foul sliding tackle will be a direct
free kick and further disciplinary action may be taken by the Referee. Overhead
“bicycle” kicks are also prohibited, with the restart being an indirect fee
- Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated. The Referee may issue a
Yellow Card or a Red Card depending on whether such language was loud and public
or directed at a player or spectator or Referee.
- A player receiving a Red Card must leave the game immediately, and will also
be suspended for one game the following weekend. A player receiving a Yellow
Card is required to sub. out for five (5) minutes (this includes goal-keepers).
Captains are responsible for enforcing these rules. A player receiving three (3)
Yellow Cards in a season will be suspended for one (1) game. Players receiving a
Red Card or three (3) Yellow Cards will be subject to further disciplinary
action, including but not limited to further suspensions or ejections from the
league at the sole discretion of a disciplinary committee. This committee will
comprise representatives from each team (apart from the parent teams of the
player/(s) involved in the disciplinary action).
- These Rules and Regulations may be amended at any time by the Commissioner
and the Captain’s Committee.
- The Contact details for the Captains are:
- FA United (Grey)- John DiGiuseppe- 610-637-8105 jdg@Fenceauthority.com
- Athletes’ Closet (Maroon)-Dave Fenimore - email@example.com
- Radnor (Gold)-Howard Greenberg-
Vince Bellwoar - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blue Devils (Royal Blue)- Rob Costelloemail@example.com
- Pointe Solutions (Red)-John Tobelmann-610-639-1406-John@tobelmann.net
- Willis White (White)-Steve Bascianifirstname.lastname@example.org
- Mario's Pizza (Orange)-Sev Panossianemail@example.com
- AMR Utd (Safety Green))- Cristobal Enriquezfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Tojo Mushrooms (Green)- Sandro Stefanelli- 610-551-5023-Sandro_Stefanelli@yahoo.com
- Four Dogs (Black)- Lee Johnsonemail@example.com